6.26.2009

Production Press Conference Held for “The Partner”


A press conference was held on June 19 to announce the production of KBS2 drama “The Partner,” which deals with struggle, work and life of lawyers at a law firm.
Kim Hyun-joo plays the female protagonist, Kang Eun-ho, a married lawyer who puts justice first, and Lee Dong-wook the male protagonist, Lee Tae-jo, a playboy lawyer who partners with Kim.

Direct Hwang Eui-kyung said that the drama is in essence about people’s life looked at against the background of law. “This is a story I have long wanted to deal with,” he said. “All casting members are devoted to their roles and I feel they are really trying to give all they have for the work. We are under pressure since we are tight on production schedule, but I am sure we will make a good drama.”

Kim Hyun-joo, who returns to TV after a two year hiatus, said, “I’ve been very much looking forward this day. I had to wait quite long as the programming schedule was postponed. And I am really happy and excited finally to be here today.” “I chose to take the role because I felt that it can be an unusual law drama going against the established norms of the genre,” she added.

Lee Dong-wook said that he is looking forward to playing the character because it is different from the serious role he played in his previous work “Bitter Sweet Life.” “I think he’s rather funny. And he, a playboy, is very different from what I am in reality. So it’s even painful to play the role,” he added jokingly.

Choi Chul-ho, who has recently gained great popularity through his comic role in “My Wife Is a Superwoman,” plays a cold-blooded lawyer who does anything to win. He said, “It will be an opportunity for me to show another side of me.”

Lee Honey, a former Miss Korea winner, makes acting debut as a femme fatale lawyer. “It’s human drama depicting the cold law world. I will give it my best since it’s my debut work,” she said.

Kim Dong-wook, who rose to stardom with his role in “Coffee Prince,” and Shin Yi, famous for her signature performance of comic characters, also appear as a funny couple. Other casting members include Lee Won-jong and Park Chul-min.

“The Partner” airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10:00 p.m., beginning from June 24.

Writer : KBSi Jin Yeong-joo

Source: KBSGlobal

No comments:

Post a Comment