7.04.2009

SMAP To Do Theme For New Kusanagi Drama

SMAP member Kusanagi Tsuyoshi is starring in a new drama called "Ninkyo Helper", and he and his SMAP brothers will be providing the show's theme song!

The song, "Sotto Gyutto" (Gently tightly) will be SMAP's 44th single, and is set for release on August 26th. It will have been approximately one year since the release of SMAP's last single, "Kono Toki, Kitto Yume Ja Nai" in August of 2008. The song's music was written by hit-maker Kubota Toshinobu with lyrics by Aso Tetsurou, who also wrote the lyrics for SMAP's "Dear WOMAN". Kubota previously wrote the music for Kimura Takuya's solo song "Style", but it was his first time to write for a SMAP single.

"Ninkyo Helper" begins running on July 9th on Fuji TV, Thursday nights at 10 PM. Speaking of SMAP's participation in the drama, Kusanagi said, "I'm very happy that our group has performed the theme. I sometimes hear it while we're filming, and I find it gives me strength. I hope my co-stars feel the same way."

Source: musicjapanplus


No comments:

Post a Comment